Monday 22 February 2016

Some Clarity on My Blog

I recently noticed someone left a comment on my post regarding Jenny's JP promotions involving other distributors. The person was concerned with my fact finding regarding Clara and warned me that this could be interpreted as slander, and therefore, unlawful.

I believe I need to clarify a few things about my blog:

1) This is my place to express my views on an issue that matters to me. I passionately believe that more needs to be done to educate people on health and diet, and believe that people like Jenny, who may have good intentions, simply do not help through promotions like JP.

My official opinion on JP is not that their products cannot help with healthy lifestyle changes, I appreciate that they potentially can. I also accept that, in the eyes of the law, their business model is legitimate.

My opinions is that their products, compared to others on the market, are overpriced and overated. This opinion is backed up by critiques of people more knowledgeable in the world of supplements than I am.   My argument is that you can get more value for money by simply buying a basic supermarket multi-vitamin or just eating fruit and vegetables.

I also dispute JP's business model and the effect it has on people like Jenny. Again, I accept that what they do is entirely legal, but that does not mean I have to agree with it. I believe their business model is highly unethical.

2)  Other than when I believe I need to provide sources for factual claims (i.e. the nutritional information in JP products or fruit and veg, or linking poor mental health to obesity), I am very mindful about making statements about Jenny or other people which may indeed be slanderous. I welcome all criticism and will willingly retract any statement that, unintentionally, is slanderous in the eyes of a qualified legal practitioner. 

Most, if not all posts, stem from Jenny's own content on her distributor page.

3) As previously mentioned, I strive to ensure that Jenny's real identity is kept confidential. I would never condone people to contact her to harass her or directly try to affect her business. That also goes for other people I have mentioned on this blog.

It is annoying that in this era people are quick to mention lawsuits if they read something they don't like the sound of. If I have made outright factual inaccuracies, I will apologise and gladly remove them from my blog. But I will not buckle down if it means silencing my right to express my own views. 

This blog is not unique; there are other blogs, far more detailed than mine, far more critical than mine, on JP, its products, its distributors and its business model. If my blog has any hint of slander, then it looks like court rooms across the West are going to be chock-a-bloc with cases.

If anybody has an issue with specific content on my blog then message me, highlighting the specific post and content, and I will happily discuss it with you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I thought I’d say how much I enjoyed reading your blog. I share all your concerns about this scam and your description of Jenny and her activities is identical to a family member. I have gone through many emotions regarding my family member – anger, frustration, sadness, pity etc. I am torn between finding this extremely funny and finding it incredibly sad that a loved one is so gullible and is wasting so much time and money on such an obvious pyramid scheme. I too wonder how long it will take for the penny to drop. It seems that Juice Plus has a pretty powerful pull for people of a certain disposition. She is off to Birmingham this month for more overpriced nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoy this blog.

      It is unfortunately the case that companies like JP have exploded onto the scene in recent times. They attract people similar to the way cults attract followers - they create an "us against them" mentality - and those who criticise and try to show them how this company is a farce are shot down.

      The penny drops when they run out of the willpower to keep on going. Jenny has no willpower to lose weight through watching her diet and exercising regularly. This is February 2016, approximately eight months since she became a distributor, and the world still awaits her own progress pictures. If Jenny actually lost a considerable amount of weight her word on health and nutrition would hold much more sway than it currently does.

      On the plus side, the distributors give us plenty of laughs in the process. When any Tom, Dick or Harry can become a distributor and sell health products... you know it can't be good.

      Delete